Monday, June 4, 2007

Crap

It is a sad day here. Piper's court date to become officially ours did not go well. The courts are requesting additional info regarding her father. They need documentation from the county or city where she is from that states that the dad is M.I.A. It has to be formatted just right and certain signatures on it, so I really hope that it can get done easily and quickly. They rescheduled for June 22nd. This means that we don't travel until mid July sometime. THAT IS FOREVER AWAY.

I don't think that it has hit me, really, yet. I am so sad that she has to sit in a stinkin' orphanage, be it a wonderful one or not, for longer. There are so many "what if's" now. What if they don't get the documentation done right? What if they can't get it done in time? What if they won't write the documentation? What if the jerk shows up? What if it gets postponed, again? CRAP! I'm worried.

I know this is just one of the gazillion risks and how these things roll sometimes. And I know it can all work out fine. Or not.

6 comments:

emily said...

I am so sorry---uggg......not much else to say except we will be praying for you and that sweet baby girl!

Stacy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your delay. I hope everything is settled soon and Piper is home with her family.

Amy said...

oh man, that is crap. I am sorry for this stinky complication....The Gladney workers are so good and thorough and so "on it" with everything else, that I can only imagine they are going to take care of this set back as QUICKLY as possible! Thinking about you guys and sweet Piper...trusting that you will be together very soon!

Mom 2 six said...

Oh crap is right...I hope it all gets settled soon !
Piper needs to come home. :(

Anonymous said...

THe wait for a referral must be tough but it must be even harder when you have her name and her picture. You know that there is this little person out there and you can't be with her! THen a delay. . .

I will be sending you good thoughts.
-Emma

Nick Brophy & Sarah Marie Martin said...

So sorry to hear about the delay. However, I want you to know that the orphanages in Addis are nicer than you would expect (see the NYT article yesterday) and they really love the children. Also the gladney team visits the kids themselves and with adoptive families all the time. when we were there we met all the of the soon-to-be adopted kids. There are a few photos on our blog www.martinbrophy.blogspot.com. A family that was in Ethiopia with us was delayed and it all worked out. Belay at Gladney Ethiopia is THE MAN and can get anything done. hopefully this helps you feel better. best wishes, ash, nick and sarah marie