Thursday, June 21, 2007

Chancin' this post

My brother says that I am probably a Christian Democrat. I had never heard of such a thing, the term, I mean. I honestly don't think I am. But I'm not sure that I am completely Republican. I certainly lean very far in the conservative direction. However, I am not pleased with either side of the line at all. When it comes to most issues, I am very conservative. Can I be a bleeding heart Conservative or Republican? Honestly, I am not political at all. But these times kind of force you to choose somewhat, or you are just one of those fence straddlers who don't care enough to choose. But it seems we only have 2 choices. I am NOT anti-Bush. But maybe I am not 100% pro Bush either. And if I only get 2 choices, then I go conservative. And I have nothing to back myself up, since I don't know much about politics or care to get into it all, either. I just realized that I don't think that I have a proper representation out there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

of COURSE you can be a Christian Democrat! Of course.

Lori said...

Do and be what feels right to you. I was raised in an extremely conservative (both political and in every other way) environment, but the older I get, the more I have a "live and let live" mentality, especially about issues of "family values." And the war and our president--that's a whole other can of worms. Suffice it to say, I still deeply love Jesus, and you can too. It's true what they say: God is not a Republican!
Oh, have you read Blue Like Jazz or just anything by Donald Miller? He's a FRESH Christian writer who really seems to get it right. I think you'd like him.

Jesse said...

I think your exactly where many independently-thinking Christians are and yet is seems so lonely since we have no one truly representing us. Just remember - always be true to your convictions, even if they fly in the face of status quo (even better then!). I also agree that you would probably like Blue Like Jazz.

Anonymous said...

Aaaarrrrgh. Most of the democrats I know ARE Christian. A vote for the Republican party is not a vote FOR God, just like a vote for the Democratic party is not a vote AGAINST God. I don't think people should vote just because of what party they belong to. I personally think people should vote for the candidate that fits their beliefs. If that just so happens to be one party over and over, then great. If not, that is ok also. Just my opinion.