Thursday, May 3, 2007

Our dossier has made it!

Well, our dossier has made it to Ethiopia! It made it there on April 30th! My impression is that it goes to Belay from Gladney(who represents us there in Ethiopia until we get there) and gets translated and then waits to go through the court system until we get a referral. From reading others' posts, what happens is that a match is made and then the medical tests get run on our baby to confirm that she is "healthy". Then the referral is made. Lots of people have gotten their referrals in a month to a month in a half recently!

We were officially put on the wait list on April 20th, so we are almost 2 wks into the wait, which is just like the last month of my pregnancies. This whole experience is just like being pregnant with all of the anticipation and excitement and the love you have for your child without even seeing them. I may have said it before, but in the beginning, that was one of my questions or doubts. Maybe because we originally had a heart to adopt from Haiti, but as I learned about Africa and did the paper chase, that completely erased. The same goes for Dennis, too. I think it has been nice for him because he feels we are on equal playing ground with our little girl. With the boys, it was ME who was pregnant, feeling them grow and kick. He had to wait until the birth to really experience them. This has been a wonderful experience for us together.

And so we wait......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm sure you are on pins and needles now. We have 3 bio kids (Matt 6, Katie 4 & William 2) and are awaiting a baby girl (thru Gladney). I'm a little confused by the timeline - did your waiting start when you were Gladney approved or when your dossier was complete? We received Gladney approval today, but won't have CIS approval for a week or so. I'm afraid that the weeks matter at this point with rainy season coming! Feel free to email me back directly - hdaileader@optonline.net. Best wishes!

Anonymous said...

PS, what is your first name? I see your husband and boys' names, but couldn't find yours!

Mom 2 six said...

Oh-I couldn't find the link to post on the above post but Congrats!! We were referred a toddler (from China) -it is such a blessing. She was perfect for our brood. If you want to chat about toddler adoptions-and what is unique feel free to drop us an e-mail.