Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice!


Howz this for Mother's Day....our little girl Chaltu (pronounced "Shaltoo") which means "big/best". There she is taking some of her first steps! I have a full on face picture that isn't in jpeg form, so I can't get it on here, but I will be carrying it around with me to show off! I am beside myself. First of all, can I say beautiful???? It has only been since, what, April 20th? That is TWO AND A HALF WEEKS!!! for those of you in Waitingland. Now, we had asked, I am pretty sure, for a child that was 0-12mos, but she is 19 months old. Did I tell you that it turns out that her age doesn't really matter one iota, 'cause she's perfect? Maybe they did that since she is close to that range, and since we already have children, I don't know, and I am not going to ask, 'cause it don't mattah! She is about 18 lbs, and just started walking in April. She is semi-potty trained, as they do that pretty early there apparently (do you hear that, Brodan?) She is also starting to say just a couple of words. Let me think...that is like I had a child Apr 03, Sept 04, and Sept 05. Her birthday is September 11, 2005....the same as her Granny Elliott!

Her story is a sad one that will be very difficult to tell her someday. And I have a feeling it might make our meeting difficult. I wish that I could put it out there for some advice, but I made a promise to her that it is her story to tell, so I won't. Until we tell her her story, I will have to do a lot of reading, for sure.

I am figuring that we travel mid to end of June. I NEVER thought it would be that fast! Now we wait for our court date, which can take up to 4 weeks, and travel is usually 1-2 weeks later.

It is really cool how "The Call" came. Apparently, Mary called this morning and I saw that I had an unknown on my cell, but didn't get a message. Besides, it was still too soon, right? And then, as I was loading the kids in the car after Parent's Day Out, Dennis drove up and smiled and gave me a big hug. I thought it was for Mother's Day or something and he said "Guess who called? Guess what we have?"
I almost screamed!

Still not sure on her name yet, but that will be soon...we'll let you know.

I am so happy. So to those waiting, maybe it won't be real long!

No comments: