Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Striking new blog

I found a new blog. It is Haiti-related, not Ethiopia-related. Or maybe I should just say it is human-related. This is another this-could-be-anywhere post. This family works for Real Hope for Haiti, from what I understand. On this blog from one of the family members, you see cute old men, surgeries that take place, life and the deaths. In memoriam, she does post pictures of the children who die. It is the hardest thing to do, going to her blog every day, but I have to. I know what I might see, but I feel like that child deserves the tears and for someone to feel the loss of their life. I am sure that I am not the only one, as I know that Licia, the not-a-nurse, nurse, does feel the impact. And the others who read her blog. This blog has the sad reality. Please see the blog No, I'm Not a Nurse. But be prepared to cry. You may not want to do it at work or in front of anyone.

People like Licia and her family give hope.

1 comment:

Amy B. said...

I read all through her blog. What an amazing thing she is doing. This is an emotional site to look at. But, I love how you said it...someone needs to mourn for these children that suffer and die alone. Thanks for posting it. Amy