Monday, May 12, 2008

Work in progress.

Some things I have noticed and I have wanted to blog about but find that I don't have the time to think it through and do:

1. I am incredibly suburban. I am pop culture, pop music, married with 3 kids, on my way to having some bumper stickers on the back of my SUV, blah, blah, blah. I can't help it. It is who I am. I have made peace with it. But I hope my kids are weird. And by weird, I mean not scared to be who they are. I think it was bred into me to be mainstream and and that the only reason you should stand out is because you do something better than others. Not different, better.

2. I am not above stealing quotes from other blogs. Matter of fact, every quote I use is off of another blog. Not because I read something profound in a book that I am reading to further myself and not scripture out of the Bible. Just good ole' stolen material. I do give credit, though.

3. I love Haiti. And because of Piper, I love Ethiopia. I think I love anyone that I see is suffering. It really tears at me. And I wonder what is next for me and my family. Hub unit is going on his first mission trip this year. I am stoked even though that means I can't go. This time. Next year is all mine!!!!

4. I am tired of being fat. I joined the gym and I am loving going even though I will spend $4 in gas every time I go. I think I have just gotten so desperate for alone time (hello! can I go to the bathroom w/o an audience telling me good job when I'm done???) that if it means 30 min. on a treadmill is the way I'm going to get it, then so be it!

That is all my self revelation for now. Dennis needs the computer.

No comments: