Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Little Boys and the ER


So Tuesday I made a dumb comment and said that we have only made one trip to the ER for pneumonia and that we have been lucky. Time to update. Last night Cam was in the shower, slipped on Diego, and cracked the back of his head wide open to the point that we have now seen our son's skull. It was so bad that it actually cut his hair. The doctor thought we had tried to cut his hair around the laceration. Yeah, no time for that really. Dennis was the one who walked in and saw what looked like a murder scene (one in which I will be bleaching floors to get rid of the evidence...doesn't that always work, ha-ha). Apparently head wounds bleed like a stuck pig. So we called my mom, who lives close, thankfully, to come watch Brodan and Piper and headed on down to the hospital on the longest, most red-light ridden ride of our lives. I have to give props to Georgetown hospital, which you most certainly don't hear of very much, because they got us in and out in about an hour and a half and they were great with us and Camden. He has 4 stitches inside his head and 8 staples on the outside. He will forever have a scar in his hair. I am so proud of him, too. He was very brave. So I need to change my statement from Tuesday to say that little boys make me laugh AND cry.

1 comment:

Kristi J said...

I just wanted to let you know that I have enjoyed reading your blog. I am also adopting from ethiopia
www.weloveourlucy.blogspot.com
Thanks for sharing your story,
Kristi Johnson