Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Everyone should have a little Faith

So my friend Faith is an incredible Foodie.  She is way more than that of course, she's funny, she's a fashionista, singer, musician, she's a great mom, wife, knitter(like, as in makes her own yarn, for Pete's sake) and when I say foodie,  I mean, she even makes her own bread.  Like, she DOESN'T BUY bread!  You know how you have friends that you admire for different things, kind of wish you could be more like, in some ways?  I always learn something when I go to her house.  Sometimes it's how to cook something, sometimes it's discovering a vegetable that I did not know existed.  I'm still holding on to a couple of packets of active dry yeast that I'm trying to remember what I'm supposed to do with.  Anyways, it's always an education and I'm always inspired to try something after.

So the other day, I saw a blog with a recipe for something called a Radish Tart.  Sounds gross, 'cause I don't like radishes, but it LOOKED delicious!

So I bought the stuff to make it.  Maybe the radishes will taste differently cooked, I don't know.  It looked easy enough, too.  

Well, folks, this is what MY version of the tart looked like prior to cooking.

And after....

IT LOOKS LIKE THE ORIGINAL PICTURE!!

I NEVER make anything that looks right!  And do you know what???  It tasted DIVINE!!  That's right, Suckas, I made something that looked AND tasted delicious.  Mark it down!  
Ooh...I better go get a lotto ticket, too.  See ya.

My buddies, Faith and Jenny
They would want me to show you who they are.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed with you!!! Yay for the radish tart!! Now I may have to try it!!

Jenny Phillips said...

I am impressed with your tartness!! I don't like radishes but I LOVE that you selected a picture of Faith that I was in!!

Faith said...

(Blushing from the compliments, but you made me smile...)

Wow, that tart looks delicious! And a note to Jenny: radishes don't taste like radishes when they're baked -- they're mellow and sweet, so you'd probably like them.

Also, YES I'm glad that everyone can see mine and Jenny's crazy faces. In fact, I might have to frame that one.

P.S. The yeast is for the hot pretzels that you're going to make. :-) Or maybe you're going to bring the yeast back here so that we can make it together.

Marissa said...

every one of you is inspirational in so many different ways.....and I don't like radishes either, but this looks yummy.